Daybreak Castlerea wins Best Overall Store of the Year
Hosted in Lyrath Estate Hotel, Co. Kilkenny, the awards recognise retail excellence across 13 categories for Daybreak stores nationwide.
Daybreak is Ireland’s fastest growing convenience group with over 200 stores nationwide. All stores are independently owned by local retailers ensuring that each store can respond to the everyday needs of their local community, whether it’s through quality coffee or food to fuel your day.
The Store of the Year awards took place at the end of a very successful Daybreak Conference – the theme of which was “Winning Convenience” and “Growing your bottom line”. Daybreak launched its “Store of the Future” concept two years ago and during this time has seen 57 stores revamped to this new identity. It is expected the total number of revamped stores will reach 100 by year end.
15 retailers were shortlisted for the overall Daybreak Store of the Year Award, which focuses on four key areas – products & services, store environment, communications, and people. During the competition stores were assessed against rigorous criteria, including a series of mystery shopper surveys and audits on store standards.
As well as the coveted overall Store of the Year award, other accolades awarded on the gala night focused on key in-store categories and store layouts. The winners were:
- Best Overall Store of the Year Award: Daybreak Castlerea
- Best Forecourt Store of the Year & Charity Merit Award: Daybreak Dungarvan
- Best High Convenience Store of the Year Award: Daybreak Clonliffe Road
- Best Neighbourhood Store of the Year Award: Daybreak Kenmare
- Best Hot Beverage Award: Daybreak Gandon Inn
- Best Food to Go Award: Daybreak Cahir
- Best Wine Award: Daybreak Galway
- Health Champion Award: Daybreak Carrick-on-Shannon
- Best Off-Licence Award: Daybreak Southlink
- Best Impulse Award: Daybreak Broomfield
- Best Product Availability Award: Daybreak Drumgoold, Enniscorthy
- Best Customer Service Award: Daybreak Blanchardstown
Speaking at the Daybreak Store of the Year awards ceremony, Thomas Morrison, head of Retail, Musgrave Wholesale Partners, said: “I want to wish my congratulations to Eoin Crosbie, Padraig Keegan and their hardworking team at Daybreak Castlerea on winning Best Overall Store of the Year at the Daybreak Store of the Year Awards 2019/20. We look forward to our annual Store of the Year awards which celebrates retail excellence across the Daybreak network, highlighting great consumer experience in stores. While there was strong competition this year with many worthy contenders, this win is a testament to the team’s huge effort and commitment to providing a great service to their local community.”