Aldi rewarded for its excellence with global award-winning recognition
Aldi Ireland is setting the bar for quality wines and spirits with even more award wins bringing the running total for 2020 to 27 so far.
The latest awards are courtesy of the International Wine and Spirit Competition (IWSC) and the International Spirits Challenge (IWC) 2020 with ten awards in total.
The IWSC was founded in 1969 and each year the competition receives entries from over 90 countries worldwide. The awards given by the competition are considered as high honours in the industry. In its 25th year, the International Spirits Challenge (ISC) is considered the premier event in promoting outstanding quality spirits from across the globe.
Aldi’s VS Cognac was awarded Silver in the prestigious competition and is priced just €19.17. The Vignobles Roussellet French Malbec Syrah also won silver and priced at €7.36, it is one not to be missed! Aldi’s received 8 accolades across its wines and spirits categories at The International Wine and Spirits Competition (IWSC) with further cause for celebration at The International Spirits Challenge (ISC) with 2 additional wins.
Aldi’s Wine Ambassador, Tom Doorley said: “Aldi’s wines receiving lots of medals at this year’s IWSC awards came as no surprise to me, nor will it to all the happy customers who know that our wines are truly amazing and offer excellent value. All of the wines in this international competition are tasted blind, so the judges have no idea where they are from; they focus purely on quality, and that’s what Aldi wines have in spades!”
A full list of Aldi’s award-winning products can be found below:
At the IWSC:
• Silver: Vignobles Roussellet French Malbec Syrah – €7.36, 13% ABV – Deep coloured, perfumed and juicy.
• Bronze: Castellore Organico Organic Pinot Grigio – €7.86, 12% ABV – Intense green apple and pear. Fresh with crisp acidity.
• Bronze: Vinteiro Portuguese White Douro – €8.84,12.5 % ABV – Tropical fruit aromas with floral hints, blends perfectly with a long finish.
• Bronze: Wilde Reuben German Riesling – €6.87, 11.5% ABV – Fresh citrus, pineapple and peach aromas balanced with a crisp, acidic and fruity finish.
• Bronze: Castellore Organico Organic Prosecco – €13.76, 11.5% ABV – Bright and elegant, candid apple and orange flavours.
• Silver: Chevalier VS Cognac – €19.17 per 70cl, 40% ABV – This lively and aromatic classic Cognac is packed with dry, fruity flavours.
• Bronze: Napoleon Grape Brandy – €14.55 per 70cl, 36% ABV – Balanced, warm, smooth and a touchy nutty.
• Bronze: Specially Selected Irish Cream Liqueur – €9.33 per 70cl, 17% ABV – Luxurious and decadent with distinct notes of Irish whiskey, chocolate and hazelnut.
At the ISC:
Gin & Rum:
• Bronze: Greyson’s London Dry Gin -€15.73 per 70cl, 37.5% ABV – Elegantly smooth and a complex taste best described as bright citrus and juniper flavours, intertwined with a delicately refined finish.
• Bronze: Sea Dog Premium Spiced Rum – €19.66 per 70cl, 40% – A premium black spiced rum based spirit drink with notes of sweet vanilla, warming spices, coffee and a citrus lime kick.
Aldi Ireland was recently awarded ‘The Green Retailer’ at the Green Awards 2020
Aldi Ireland was named as Ireland’s ‘Most Eco Friendly Company 2019’ at the Checkout Magazine Awards.