Maxol announces Excellence Awards winners
Six Maxol Stores crowned winners at gala celebration
Standards critical to long-term success says Maxol CEO
Maxol has announced the winners of its 2022 Excellence Awards. The annual scheme promotes and rewards excellence in station and store standards, customer experience and community engagement across the Maxol network. The awards were presented at Maxol’s recent Retail Conference held at The K Club, a company-wide celebration hosted by well-known personalities Anton Savage and Sarah Travers, together with Oliver Callan.
Maxol rewards both company-owned and independent dealer-owned service stations and standards are stringently assessed through a combination of Maxol audits by regional managers and the team from head office, along with mystery shopper visits. Now in their 23rd year, the Excellence Awards singled out Maxol service stations in Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Meath and Louth, with Maxol Carrigaline the big winner on the night collecting two accolades: Excellence in Standards and the highly-coveted Store of the Year Award.
Brian Donaldson, CEO of The Maxol Group, said: “Setting and maintaining the highest of standards is critical to the success of any business, particularly one with a network of nationwide stores. It’s therefore a genuine pleasure for me and the team at head office to be able to recognise and reward the superb standards set by our retailers and their staff, who continuously and consistently provide outstanding levels of service to their customers and their communities. These store owners and operators are trailblazers in their own right and our Retail Conference is an opportunity to acknowledge their achievements and all of the hard work that helps copper-fasten Maxol’s reputation and leadership position in our sector.
“Having not gathered or hosted our Excellence Awards event since before the pandemic, this truly was a celebration of the highest order – hearty congratulations to all of the winners.”
Brian Donaldson with presenters Sarah Travers & Anton Savage at Maxol’s Retail Conference
LIST OF WINNERS
- Excellence in Standards: Maxol Carrigaline, Co Cork operated by Licensee Shane Cantillon
- Excellence in Customer Experience: Maxol Mitchelstown, Co Cork operated by Licensees David, Margaret and Christopher Myers
- Excellence in Community Engagement: Maxol Service Station Dublin Road Dundalk, Co Louth operated by Licensee Colin Fee
- Overall Store of the Year: Maxol Carrigaline, Co Cork
Independent Dealer network winners:
- Excellence in Standards: Souhan’s Maxol in Trim, Co Meath, operated by the Souhan family
- Excellence in Customer Experience: Sheahan’s Maxol Service Station Killarney, Co Kerry operated by The Sheahan group
- Excellence in Community Engagement: Garvey’s Maxol Newcastlewest, Co Limerick operated by The Garvey Group
- Overall Store of the Year: Dano’s Maxol in Mallow, Co Cork, operated by independent dealer Donal O’Mahony